WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Blue Spider Web in my garden

I found this today in amongst the Choko vine...it is less than an inch wide....so cute, and so pale blue.....


I just had to share it with everyone....

I have never seen a coloured web. Have you? I wonder what spider spun it.



5 comments:

  1. I am very excited by that blue web! No, here in California we have no blue-web-spinning spiders. I am always taking photos of spiders when I see them because then I can really enjoy the details of those beauties up close. Also a hi-res photo usually shows me that they are cross-web-orb-weavers. I have learned to identify those little darlings, and two others, because I post the photos in spideridentification.org. They are very friendly and knowledgble there.

    I"m trying to figure out how your photo posting idea works, usually I just read the email that come through from you - I love that feature and have it on my blog too- but I couldn't quite figure it out from email. It sounds like a good idea, however. i will try to figure out what I'm supposed to do and do it!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to my good friends at the Down to Earth Forum, it is a Casting Net Spider...(thanks Susan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing! I have been enjoying getting to know you as I read your past posts. I have really enjoyed my time here!


    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful colour! Whoever says there isn't a God, hasn't seen this spider web!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Found your blog post while searching for the blue web.Today I have found a blue web at my front door and captured a picture of it.It is so unique in comparison to some other various kinds that have appeared in our yard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...