WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Today's agenda & Worm Castings

I've had some lovely emails welcoming me back to blogland...thank-you to all who wrote. While I am extremely busy now that I run the house fully on my own, with Hubby being only home briefly for weekends.....I do hope to continue writing posts. I still do lots, but I just don't get around to computer time much nowadays.

What's on your agenda today? Here's what is on mine....so far:
7.30am... Solar Skylight man coming to check a skylight that has gone dark.
                Hang washing out on line
                Tidy up kitchen
8.30am... Need to have DS17 at work in Oak Flats for Work Experience
8.35am ...Pick up 5 bags of gum-nuts from Freecycle while in Oak Flats
9am...      Community Garden with Albion Park Rail
12 noon   Lots more house work or garden work, which ever I feel like doing more.
2pm...      Community Garden with Barrack Heights
4.30pm....Pick up DS17 from Oak Flats work experience.


Oops,....I double booked myself here...will have to fix this with Max......
4.30pm... Max is dropping of 160kg of Worm Castings (2 x full Potato Sacks roughly 80kg each) for $40....bargain$$$


Max also supplies a tipper ute of good food compost (from restaurant waste) for $80.00 which is a great way to enrich your gardens and pots quickly while waiting for your own compost to break down. 


Max works out of Albion Park and can be contacted on 0414 733823
He's one of those genuine blokes that you will go back to time and time again.
If you ring him, tell him you seen his number on my blog. I know he'll appreciate the work.

*********************************
Over at Rose's blog, she has a lovely photo of Big Bill all cuddled up on the couch....
so I thought I'd show you a photo of my Cindy Loo
enjoying the warmth of a pillow-slip....
It's so cute to watch her try to get inside...
sometimes I just can't help myself and give her a bit of help...lol
Cindy Z z z z z z z

What's the bright light for...don't you know I'm trying to sleep?
After my nap, THEN I will take on the world.






3 comments:

  1. It is good to have you back Nelliemary. The reason I like to check in from time to time is that you share information with such generosity and that is a rare thing. Hope you keep blogging. But it seems you are very busy with community gardens and that is worthwhile too.
    Cheers Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane...I love sharing what I learn... I figure if someone shared it with me...then I can pay it forward and share it with someone else (when permitted).

    What better way to share than through my free blog. I especially love sharing ideas and recipes that I have worked out myself...and never write about something I haven't tried myself,...hence all the photos usually.
    Thanks again for checking in on my blog. Loving the feedback.
    Cheers
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of the visitors of your site. I hope you will show more such material or data to put in our use.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...