WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Monday, February 20, 2012

And the winner is......

I'm sitting in the doctor's surgery and it hits me that I never announced the winner to that glorious book I decided to give away......so here I am....waiting and typing on my phone......bare with me folks...lol

And the winner is.........
Sherrie from Simple Living!

Congratulations Sherrie!

As to the other wonderful people who I have promised garlic seed to....
I cut the tops off on Friday all set to package....and found the tiny stem on each one was still sappy...so they have been drying all weekend and I will probably package them all up when I need a rest from gardening or housework at the end of the day....

Things are a bit crazy here at the moment...it's also our 13th Wedding Anniversary today...the builder is here starting work on the front veranda.....I need my pain medication adjusted better and am back to having monthly infusions in the hospital....oh and hubby has been offered a job finally and starts in a few weeks...just a 4 1/2 hour drive away this time and not 2000km..... Which is fantastic!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are in pain and hope the doc can help you. So glad to hear that your hubby has a job, but even that sounds far - is he going to stay over during the week?
    Congratulations Sherrie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sherrie and to your Hubby on the new job not to mention the wedding anniversary. What a big day you have had. Keep well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! And the new job offer for hubby...sounds like a huge improvement!

    I do hope your adjusted pain meds will be more helpful. (I've been doing a bit of that juggling act myself, lately.)

    AND a new building project!! Always exciting!!

    And aren't you a sweetheart to take the time to post from your doctor's office?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! It was our 13th anniversary at the end of January - it's funny to think that we would have been planning our weddings at the same time!

    Good luck with the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary. Good to hear hubby has found a job. Hope your pain situation improves. You sound very busy.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Procuring proficient cleaners from a legitimate organization to do your move out End of lease cleaning Sydney is a perfect choice and now you don't need to stress over your home. Respects,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...