WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Introducing Richard the Practical Gardener

I just received an email from Richard Moran...Richard around the Illawarra is known as the Practical Gardener and also has his own DVD published....If you go to his website..you can purchase his DVD called "Practical Gardening with Richard Moran".


Back to the email I received...Richard works at Wollongong Wholesale Nursery Albion Park on Sundays and Mondays... and you can also purchase his DVD there. I have had the pleasure of meeting Richard and he is a lovely man full of information ready to be shared.

Richard is starting a monthly practical gardening class over 12 months....as I don't seem to be able to attach the Word doc. here is a paste of the attachment I received in my email.........Thanks Richard!

****************************************************************

Need some Practical Gardening Skills
from a qualified horticulturist?

Then don’t miss out on the opportunity of a life time for you and your friends. Reserve your spot once a month on a Saturday afternoon where you can learn all the practical gardening skills you need to have a great time in your garden; starting in August with what to do in September, then September for October and so on.

Skills to learn 
  • Planting what and where? Plus that vegetable bed.
  • Fertilizing when and how to make your own green manures and compost.
  • Propagating how? seeds, cuttings, division, grafting and more.
  • Improving your soil type and bed preparation.
  • Learning special skills, like espaliering trees, this will change every month.
  • Pest and diseases
  • There will be plant of the month which will be available to purchase on the day
  • And much much more.

This course will run for twelve months and by the time you have finished the classes you will have the opportunity of a twelve month  garden diary for your garden, how great would that be? Cost is just $25 per class plus $5 per month for your email copy of what to do this month if you require this. You don’t have to come to all the classes but you wouldn't want to miss out on a great afternoon with your new friends; so I will email you your monthly planner by email for just $5 each time only registered people can receive this.

Classes will be 4hrs including afternoon tea , with hands on things for all to do, as well as Free gifts each month eg seeds and a plant.

Venue Jamberoo Hall dates and hall to be confirmed
Classes $25 per month plus $5 to email copy of planner for that month.

So ring Richard (PRACTICAL GARDENER) on 0414573796 or email him at richardpracticalgardener@gmail.com  for you spot in the course. 

Limited seats so be quick as these classes will fill up fast 


If you are a local to the Illawarra, I would strongly recommend you contact Richard as soon as possible.....I think places in the course will go quickly....

I've already got my name down....If your going; I'll see you there.

5 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds wonderful - you seem to have so many wonderful offerings in your area, but I am sure you will be posting some tips you learn from the course. I look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great course, but it's a little far to travel for me to attend, lol :) Tell us what you learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. africanaussie: Thanks, It always pays to check out what is around the area....I sure will post things I learn....I still don't know how you manage to keep on top of all your blogs...I love looking around your garden...and that Mug Cosie is a must for anyone.

    Little Home in the Country: Oh Sherrie...your welcome to come over if you like...I'd put you up here...but yes...I'll tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I have just found your blogspot and I think it is wonderful. I have two questions for you:
    1. Do you know where I can get some comfrey leaves at this time of year? I have found a recipe for a topical cream using bees wax and I would like to give it a try.
    2. Do you know whether there will be gardening classes this year?
    Thank you
    Karen (based in Windang)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, it's lovely to hear from a local. Thank-you for your lovely words.

    I could give you some comfrey leaves if you are interested.... email me with your details..... my email is npe09777 (at) bigpond (dot) net.au

    Richard will be running another course beginning in September...although you can start any time through the year. We had newbies in last months class. I think he will be running classes through the nursery too which will be huge. They are already taking names for future classes. Give him a ring and I may just see you at the course next month.
    cheers
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...