WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Friday, June 10, 2011

On my mind...is the state of my veranda

On my mind.....is my front veranda and 2 litres of cream..
Earlier I have set myself a challenge....to clean up the veranda....make it more friendly..more welcoming..
I have already displayed mum's Zygo cacti in one corner and put some wall plugs in....to hang
some items....
Now I have the rest of the veranda to clean up.....

I want to be able to use the seat again...but it needs some repairs.


I'm also thinking about what to make with the cream I got yesterday....


Home made butter is definitely on this weekend's agenda...
What do you think I should make from the cream? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....
I hope everyone has a great weekend....

11 comments:

  1. I'd definitely make some butter, good luck! And good luck with your verandah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned - we are trying to put all our thoughts together... perhaps I need to make a list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice cream!!!!!!! Butter is good, but you don't get much out of 2L, so I'd go for the ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nelly Mary! I've been reading your posts all week but been too busy to comment. (A sick boy and other events.) You've had a very productive week.

    I'd go ice cream too, as well as butter and whatever's left on a batch of scones with some of your lovely homemade jam. (I'll be there for morning tea! LOL)

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd go with the icecream too.Looking forward to seeing what happens on your verandah. If what you did with the wall plugs and plants is anything to go by it should look nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about sour cream and creme fraiche?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use cream in homemade ice cream!!!! Love it.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to second the above comments- definitely go for ice cream. my husband would make a vanilla and lavender ice cream (he likes surprising people). wish i could help u with the verandah, i love those jobs! seriously.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't eat much ice-cream, but special home-made would be a treat...got to do butter too.....would love to try the sour cream seeing I will have the buttermilk....I have my lovely homemade vanilla extract too....don't have any lavender either, but it sounds yummy...Have never tried Creme Fraiche.....How much cream did I get...looks like I need more......heaps more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put my vote in for making ice cream. I'm hoping to have unlimited cream in a few weeks when the house cow calves :).
    Have fun with the veranda clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made the ice-cream too...seeing it was so popular here as suggested....I see why now...my boys think it was extremely good....now they want ice-cream all the time....at least it lasted 2 desserts though.....it was really yummy, thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...