WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Challenge # 4, 5, 6, & 7

It feels like ages since I have blogged....Welcome to Catherine, Robyn and Splashfish. Thanks for following my blog........If you have been coming back to see what's happening...I hope you found something interesting to read about....I've been setting myself more challenges....and I guess I've been overdoing it....falling asleep on the couch at 5pm is not a good way to start preparing the evening meal.

Challenges I have set myself lately are:
  • cleaning out the kitchen drawers - (amazing how many duplicates I had in those drawers)
  • de-cluttering the kitchen cupboards - (I have sorted all the plates, cups, mugs, bowls etc, but haven't gotten to the underneath cupboards as yet)
  • de-cluttered the laundry cupboards - (I still need to do the shelf above the laundry sink and washing machine)
  • I finally sorted out the sock basket....we have pairs again..yay!
I think that's it for this week....some of it still needs tweaking, but it's nearly done....and I am so pleased with the work I have achieved. and I'm really starting to see the differences. 

Have you been following along and joining me in any of the challenges? Maybe you have been setting some different challenges for yourselves.....I'd love to hear what you have been up to too. 



2 comments:

  1. Yes, it does make one more up to the challenge when another is doing the same. I saw on Rhonda's blog about how she was clearing some cupboards, and that clicked with me.

    My mom died in February, and I have kind of allowed things to clutter and get dusty, so her post jumpstarted me. I have been crazy cleaning since then.

    I have loved coming to visit and enjoy how you share your simple life and knowledge.

    I am a daily visitor since I found you!

    Take care,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, thanks for commenting on my blog. Sorry to hear you lost your mum...it's so sad when a person loses a parent....
    There is a lot of talk of challenges around the blog world...and it all just got me ...I wanted what others were achieving too....so I set my own challenges.
    I'm so glad that you found me and visit daily...I hope I can give you lots of ideas....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...