WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bokashi Powder - Part 2

Welcome Brian and Rebecca, I always like to see new people reading my blog....I hope you will stick around and find some inspiration while your here to try some of the things I get up to.Don't forget to leave some comments, I sure do appreciate them.
Sometimes it takes me a while to get to welcoming people or answering comments; but I get to it eventually..
So Welcome!




I recently completed a FREE course run by my local council on how to make your own Bokashi Powder...
I wrote about it here, along with the recipe and details on how to make it...

So first of all, you need to prepare your lactic acid..You will see Part 1 here 

In Part 1, I wrote the following:
Remove floating bran or wheat. The Remaining Liquid is the LACTIC ACID. 
So once the bran floats to the surface, I will strain this and keep the liquid for the next stage in making my own Bokashi Powder.
So you will need to check back in to see the different stages as I do them.Here I have completed the last step to making the Lactic Acid...

So the bran is floating now....Most of it floated, but it also started to sink again, so I guess maybe I could have used less bran. So I have strained all the  bran from the rice liquor.....



To use lactic acid in Bokashi preparation: 
1. Mix one part lactic acid to two parts milk.

I had 1 1/2 cups of lactic acid liquid after straining it, so I added 3 cups of milk.

I've now washed out the original Vacola bottle..and poured in the milk mix.


now I am waiting for it to seperate, once that happens, I will be on to Part 3.

2. Leave for a few days until the milk protein separates from the water which can be removed from the top.

3. This leaves a creamy yellow water which you can use.

4. To keep, add equal parts of molasses or brown sugar and store in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...