WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

And the winner is...Me!

I recently told you about a competition on the Down to Earth Forum for the best post for the month of May.....and told you that I won........

My prize arrived in the mail yesterday, bright and early......DS19 had a rostered day off....so I got him to take a photo of me wearing my lovely new apron...I needed more hands....but I hung the dishcloths over the pockets and held onto the lovely wool....

I love the colour of my new balls of wool...
The wool that Rhonda sent is WOOLganic Knitters Yarn, spun from 100% certified organic Australian Merino Fleece Wool....Wow Rhonda....as far as wool is concerned, It can't get any better than this....it's lovely thank-you!

Now I just need to decide what to knit with it....Knowing that my knitting is limited to plain I suggested to Rhonda that I am thinking of a sunglasses case, or maybe a phone case to match....My mum thinks I need to knit a scarf...but I don't know how many stitches to start with or how long it would get with two balls....Is two balls of wool enough to knit a scarf? I don't know.

Many Thanks Rhonda!
What do you think I should knit with my lovely prized wool?

5 comments:

  1. "CONGRATULATIONS"

    Not sure how much wool you would need for a scarf, probably be enough depending on the size of the ball. Just dont make it too wide...

    Happy knitting,

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the apron.. and it was a deserving win too. Can't wait to see what comes from the wool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again - your prizes look fantastic! Can't wait to see what you make with the wool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hip Hip Hurray!! Lovely prizes I can tell you are enjoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you could make a cowl scarf like Rhonda's or what I call a neck warmer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...