WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spiced Pumpkin & Pine Nut Pasties

My boys did some shopping for me a while back, and well, lets just say, I won't get them to buy pastry for me again....They were a little rough on my pastry packing it and getting it home...they later confessed that they dropped it twice....anyway...I have been thinking of what to do with the cracked pastry....and got it out of the freezer yesterday to examine the damage and see if it was salvageable...


Yep! it wasn't that bad after all....some had the corners broken off, and some were cracked almost in the centre...Great!...


 They ended up all different sizes, and I even got to use up the odd bits by rolling it out again.....I will let the pictures do the talking now.............
I made 23....but I don't have that many now.









I got the recipe off the back of the pastry...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nelly Mary. I usually use the scraps of pastry wrapped around a banana and bake until puffed. Serve with chocolate sauce and ice cream. Don't you hate those off cuts when you cut circles out of the pastry. Good way to use them up.

    Love the sound of the recipe.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea Anne...when Bananas come down in price I will try that...they sound yummy. Bad but yummy. I prefer to cut my pastry sheets in quarters, that way I don't have scraps, but when I use my pie maker...I have the scraps to deal with...sometimes we save it and use it for bait...to catch Poddy Mullet..which we use to catch Flathead.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...