WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I recently wrote about visiting April who runs permaculturevisions . 
I spent most of the day there....While discussing fruit trees April recommended Daleys online for fruit trees...she used to  buy through Diggers, but now finds Daleys more reliable. 

I had a look through their website as was very impressed; flipping back and fro from Daleys to Diggers.....I found most of the trees I was interested in were out of stock, or almost ready for sale at Diggers....so I ordered my trees through Daleys.....

Here is how the trees arrived by courier...

just after opening the box

looking inside

Care instructions
 I have some major plans for the yard after seeing other peoples gardens recently....I have always envied others who have fruits in their gardens....and have recently discovered Miniature Fruit Trees...and any tree can be held back if grown in a pot....a large pot I suppose, but a pot none the less.

I ordered the following which arrived 3 days later.....
  • a Miniature Seedless Valencia Orange
  • a Miniature Macadamia nut tree
  • a Miniature Mulberry, red shahtoot...this grows lovely long berries about 10 cm long...
  • a Finger Lime which is described as growing  between 3 to 7 meters high...Eeeeeek...I have been told that if I put this in a pot and keep it pruned, I should be fine.
L to R: Valencia, Macadamia, Mulberry, FingerLime





Watering instructions

Enclosed in my support frame I made up....
I got the frame from the tip and have used it for many plants and even seedlings


This is my mothers day gift to myself......so Happy Mothers Day to me........I am travelling to Victoria on mothers day this Sunday.....so I will wish all the mums and mums to be a Happy Mother's day.

I am very impressed with Daleys Fruit Trees....I will certainly buy from them again in the future.



1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that there were dwarf mulberry trees. This is a great Mothers Day gift to yourself.
    My husband and I built up the beginning of our orchard by forgoing frivolous gifts on our anniversary. For two years now, we bought each other fruit or nut trees instead. Much better than other presents.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...