WELCOME to my BLOG

Hi there!

I’m slowly working towards some simplicity within the home, but hey! It’s a lot of hard work!

I love having a go at growing my own veges and always use herbs fresh from my garden. I try to plant from seed whenever I can and have learnt to save and share my own seed for the following year. I make Award Winning preserves and pickles; and my husband brews Award Winning boutique beers as well. I love to stockpile and try to limit quick trips to the shops. I dabble in bread making and enjoy making my own stocks too.

I enjoy feeding my family good hearty meals, nothing like those tiny restaurant stacks you have to look for on the plate. My husband maintains our vehicles and machinery and we both enjoy fabricating on a small scale mostly relying on metal & timber recyclers for any materials needed.


While I don’t always have time to reply to comments, I love reading them. I hope you enjoy your stay and I hope you learn something new because I love sharing what I learn, and I'm always looking for another new skill myself.

Cheers!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Dish Cloth swap for Mum

If  you have been reading my blog, you will know that I have recently been involved in a Dish-cloth Swap...I received a lovely set of dishcloths from Becci....thanks once again Becci for the lovely swap.
I also included my mum (who lives with us) in the swap too...She ended up with two swap partners, which is very exciting....

Mum has received her first swap in the mail on Friday....and I am ashamed to say that hers has not reached the post office yet....I have just been really busy....Sorry

Here is the lovely swap mum received from ellimay (Lisa)....
Thank-you so much Lisa, how lovely they are.
I would love that soap recipe.
 Once Lisa receives her swap in the mail...I will post a photo of it, like I did with my swap.
So come back soon and check out what Lisa received as her swap from Mum.

*****************************************
Using recycled cottons for my dishcloths
Here are the cotton rolls I have used up so far.....
I sent these off to Victoria with me
to give my niece for her youngest for Kinder....
I love that I am able to use up all Mum's leftover cottons.
I have also been looking in the op-shops for cottons lately.
Here is what I have reclaimed from op-shops so far....a stash I have  found so far....

You won't find any 100% cotton near the wool in your op-shop,
but you may find some in the craft area.
100% cotton, Aida cloth, Frames & Timber knitting needles
Some balls have been very cheaply priced, as the larger green ball $1...and the smaller dark green ball behind it $.35cents. Sometimes I have found a bag with a few balls in it for as little as $1.50

I hope I have inspired you to use up all your leftover cottons, or maybe next time your in the op-shop, you will look for some cottons that need to be claimed and up-cycled into a lovely dishcloth.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Narelle and Joyce. Yay....the package arrived safely. I'm so pleased you like them. Swaps are always exciting!

    Thats a great collection of cottons you'v got there. I too scour the op shops for cotton as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nelly Mary. I hadn't thought about looking in op shops for crochet cotton until a couple months ago and I got about 8 balls for $1.50. They're the most beautiful varigated colours too. I'm still to find time to use them up. Have a few projects planned.

    Anne
    (Domesblissity)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...